Benefits of a Fiberglass entry door
Exterior fiberglass doors can provide the following benefits:
The look of real wood with multiple textured finishes. The molding process puts deep wood grain details into the fiberglass entry door. The deep panel profiles provide crisp shadow lines and architecturally correct stile and rail construction and proportions.
Designs to fit any style of home. Whether you’ve got a classic, country, colonial, craftsman, bungalow, contemporary, arts and crafts, cottage, or colonial revival style home, we have fiberglass entry door styles and decorative glass patterns to make your entrance a focal point of your home.
Reduced heating and cooling costs. Many old wood and steel doors are warped and rotted and leak air. With a polyurethane foam core, a fiberglass door provides five times better insulation value than a standard wood door. Adding a low e glass upgrade will improve energy performance even more.
Improved durability, strength, and performance. With a fiberglass reinforced skin, you’ll have a door that is resistant to dents, dings, and splintering. Fiberglass entry doors are unaffected by moisture or humidity and won’t rust or warp.
Long-lasting door system. Because fiberglass entry doors resist shrinking and swelling, their finishes last three times longer than those on wood doors.
Reduced maintenance. This door’s fiberglass reinforced skin will make it much easier to maintain than a wood door.
Increased security. Reduce the risk of break-ins by adding a deadbolt or keypad entry and a peephole.
Higher resale value and enhanced curb appeal. The first thing potential homebuyers see is the front of the home. A new door can greatly enhance the curb appeal of your home.
- Products & Uses
Polaris Window and Door and ProVia Fiberglass Entry Door – Product Features
The main features of a fiberglass entry door include:
- Fiberglass reinforced skin resists dents and dings and eliminate splintering
- Textured finishes achieve the look of a real wood door
- 2 ½” polyurethane foam core provides high thermal protection (R-value 13)
- Energy Star insulated glass packages reduce energy costs
- Heavy-duty hardware, handle sets, lever sets, and deadbolts in multiple finishes allow customization
- Compression weatherstripping creates a weather-tight seal, with bottom sweep upgrades available to further strengthen the weather barrier.
High-performance door frames have the following features:
- Steel-reinforced jambs (sides) and strike plates for extra security,
- Rot-resistant composite door bottoms, and
- 4” x 10” composite lock blocks for increased strength.
- Continuous sill across base of entire door gives a better fit and prevents leaks.
- Steel-edged door perimeter improves stability and strength vs. a wood door.
- Ball-bearing hinges give smoother operation and increase durability.
- 90-minute fire-rated doors provide safety and peace of mind.
- Adjustable hinge system gives a perfect fit.
- Limited lifetime warranty and 20-year decorative glass and 30-year clear glass warranties give real value.
- Wide range of available sizes, including custom door and sidelites up to 8 feet tall, assures ease of installation.
Where to use exterior fiberglass entry doors
These doors can be found in the front, back, sides and garage service entrances of the home. They can be seen in four varieties: single door, double door, door with sidelight(s), or French door.
Polaris Window & Door and ProVia Fiberglass Entry Door Designs, Styles, and Hardware
Add style and reduce energy costs with these options (note: options will vary by product lines):
Decorative glass and caming patterns. Choose from a wide array of decorative and colored glass designs that can create a unique look or reflect light in different ways. Some of the Polaris patterns include Aurora, Baton Rouge, Naples, Charleston, Williamsburg, Brennan, New Orleans, Manhattan, Bostonian, Santa Fe, and Encino. Decorative glass styles in the ProVia line include Cheyenne, Brilliance, Glenmore, St. Jane, Crystal, Santa Fe, Solitaire, Barcelona, Radiant Hues, Tranquility, Classic, Lehigh, Emerald, Beveled, Diamond, and Tuscany. Decorative caming is available in zinc, patina, and polished brass.
Inspirations Art Glass (ProVia line). Choose from seven door styles and five designer color palettes to make your door a work of art.
Different colored thresholds. Customize your entry by choosing a threshold in anodized brass/brown or in satin nickel/black.
Distinctive hardware, handle sets, locksets, lever sets, and deadbolts. Match and complement the interior or exterior of the home by choosing hardware in multiple finishes including polished brass, antique brass, satin nickel, and aged bronze. Innovative electronic touchpad keyless access entry systems also available.
Multiple paint and stain options. Choose from either a painted or stained door (or order the door factory-primed to apply your own finishing touch). Select natural oak, fruitwood, cherry, dark walnut, colonial, or rosewood stains or one of 19 different painted colors from the Polaris line. From the ProVia line choose from seven stains (including Natural Oak, Light Oak, Oak, Dark Oak, Walnut, Cherry, and Dark Mahogany) and 16 paint colors.
Decorative mini-blinds. Mini-blinds that raise and tilt can be added into the tempered safety glass doors, eliminating the need for dusting and the rattling of blinds against the door.
Transom windows. This option can be added over 3’ doors, double doors, or doors with sidelights.
Selection of door panel designs. Our wide selection suits many different décor styles.
External grids. Install a grille or grid on a side, back, or garage door to add a decorative touch to these functional openings.
Upgraded glass packages. Opting for a glass upgrade will lower home heating and cooling costs by increasing energy efficiency. R values can be as high as 9 in the ProVia line.
Exterior Fiberglass Front Entry Doors
A fiberglass entry door combines a textured fiberglass reinforced skin and a foam core to achieve the natural look of a wood door with improved energy efficiency, durability, and long-term performance.