Bathtub Replacement & Tub Inserts Contractor in Cleveland Ohio
Bath Doctor from Innovate Building Solutions
In this page see how you the right tub inserts will transform your bathroom from an ugly duckling into a feature you actually love. The bathtub replacement (and Age-in-Place) specialists at The Bath Doctor Division of Innovate Building Solutions in Cleveland would be delighted to help you. We can find (and install) the right spa-type tub or bathtub shower combo which is perfect for grandparents or grandchildren.
If the tub/shower combo in your Cleveland home is causing you some of these problems, the time is right for a bathtub replacement:
- You’re worried your spouse is going to fall using your tub– Climbing into a tall tub with a slick bottom surface is an accident waiting to happen. It’s no surprise 80% of falls happen in bathrooms.
- It’s painful on your back to bathe the kids – High and deep tubs make bathing your kids a painful exercise for you. And the depth of your existing tub worries you for their safety also.
- Your steel tub is freezing cold when you step in – You don’t enjoy being ‘shocked’ by the cold bottom surface when you step into your shower.
- You wouldn’t dare soak or relax in your current tub – With rust stains, chips and dirt which is impossible to get out, you wouldn’t even think of relaxing in this tub.
- Your tub has limited space– To say your existing tub is cramped would be an understatement.
Bathtubs can be a place to relax and unwind after a long day OR a place to safely shower or bathe the kids if (and only if) they’re designed to suite your needs.
In this page you’ll learn the following:
- The benefits of a new bathtub.
- How Innovate’s process will help you choose the right tub for your family AND budget.
- Product options to get the most out of your tub and shower combo.
- Frequently asked questions about bathtub replacements and tub inserts.
Benefits of a Bathtub Replacement
With replacement tubs you can choose a safer lower step design with textured bottom surface. You’ll get the peace of mind you don’t enjoy today
Whether you’re looking for a sleek contemporary alcove tub or a wide and deep unit which compliments your Craftsman décor, your new tub can ‘look right at home’ in your restyled bathroom
Cast iron and acrylic replacement bathtubs are simpler to clean than thin, yellowed fiberglass tubs the builder slapped in years ago.
You deserve a place to relax after a hard day at work. And with heated surface tubs, molded lumbar supports and air-message units, your tub can become the place to rejuvenate you.
Add complimentary bathtub wall surrounds, recessed niches and handheld showers to create functionality you’ve never enjoyed before.
Bathroom remodels offer one of the highest return on investment according to the Cost/Value Study done by Remodeling Magazine. In addition, realtors highly recommend at least one tub to appeal to the widest range of people when you put your home on the market.
Innovate’s Simple 4-step Bathtub Replacement Process
We know thinking through the products and installation process of a tub to shower conversion remodel IS NOT something you do every day (or even every 20 years). The goal of The Bath Doctor division of Innovate Building Solutions is to simplify this project for you with this 4-step process:
- Step 1 – Understand your needs – our process begins by learning the problems with your tub and how you want your replacement to work (and look) better.
- Step 2 – Develop a plan and a firm budget – Given your needs, Bath Doctor will recommend products and installation approaches to solve your problems and create a tub shower combo which works with your budget. We’ll develop a scope of work and give you a written estimate.
- Step 3 – Demo and prepare the walls, floor, and plumbing – During the demo we’ll take care to respect your property with tarps and surface protection systems. Once the demo is done, we’ll ONLY USE the proper (not the cheapest) subfloor, wall backer and plumbing systems to ensure a quality project which lasts.
- Step 4 – Install the finishing materials – This is where things get fun. Seeing your stylish (yet sturdy) new bathtub, tub wall surrounds, trendsetting glass enclosures and accessories is where you see the finished project come alive.
Product Options for Your Bathtub Replacement
Whether you live in Brooklyn or Brecksville you know its hard finding a contractor who ‘knows their stuff’ and one who offers you options – and doesn’t ‘push’ any specific product.
In this section explore a wide range of bathtub inserts, bathtub wall surrounds, glass tub doors, and accessories to make your project functional, fun and focused on your needs and wants.
Bathtub replacement options for function or relaxation
Whether you need an alcove style bathtub, a corner tub or drop-in unit, The Bath Doctor has a solution for you. Offering or a wide range of tub sizes (including 60” x 30”, 60” x 32”, curved 60” x 36”, 66” x 36”, 72” x 36”), colors and depths, you’ll find the right dimensions to fit your space. And if you’re worried about tub safety ask about ADA bathtubs and our low step in designs.
Choose between contemporary designs or more traditional craftsman décor in both acrylic and cast-iron tubs. And if you like color you don’t have to ‘settle’ for white. Check out new bathtubs in biscuit, dune, ice gray, thunder gray and black.
And if a relaxing tub experience is what you crave, our tubs with heated surfaces, molded lumbar supports, and air message technology will be perfect for you.
Low maintenance bathtub wall surround panels
With Innovate’s Bath Doctor division you won’t be stuck choosing between a cheap plastic bathtub wall surround or high-maintenance tile walls. Innovate specializes in tub wall panels and offers 4 options for you.
- 3/8” thick Laminate wall panels
- 3/8” thick solid surface wall panels
- 1/4” thick decorative PVC composite panels
- 5/16” thick optical grade high gloss acrylic panels
Glass doors for a bathtub and shower combo
Although having a bathtub and shower combo is nice, what isn’t so nice are the dingy curtains you’re replacing all the time. Scroll through the images to see stylish and sturdy alternatives to curtains. Consider bypass (2 moving doors), sliding or pivoting doors for a full glass enclosure. Or use a walk-in tub screen to add improve the looks and function of your tub shower combo.
Accessories for storage and safety
The right accessories will make or break your tub experience.
What type of shelving or niches do you need to store your lotions and potions? Where should you put the grab bars for a safe bathtub shower combo? What choices do you have which won’t make your new tub look like a hospital room?
The bath replacement specialists at The Bath Doctor can answer these questions for you.
A window smack dab in the middle of your tub shower combo is nice for the light it lets in, but terrible for the privacy it takes away.
Choosing a window inside your tub surround which offers privacy yet doesn’t cut off light is a must. Bath Doctor offers a range of high privacy vinyl replacement windows or glass block windows to give you light, privacy, and style whether you live in Glenwillow or Gates Mills.
Frequently Asked Questions About Bathtub Inserts & Replacements
Yes – there are 2 options you’ll want to see. Use a tub with thinner ‘sidewalls’ or a tub insert which ‘curve out’ in the center for more elbow room.
The two most important features for a safe tub are lower step in heights (14” high for a tub shower combo and 19” for a deeper spa-type tub are best) and having a textured bottom.
Mold is the enemy of a healthy bathroom and bathtub. The best way to get rid of mold and mildew is using decorative grout free wall surrounds, exhaust fans and operable windows for healthy (and mold free) tub shower combo.
Cover-over tub liners have their challenges. While they can make a tub replacement installation more time effective, there can be problems with water which gets lodged between the new liner and the old tub. In addition, you can’t use a tub liner if your existing tub is made of fiberglass or acrylic.
Although finding the right tub which fits your space, décor and safety profile are critical, it’s also important to look ‘beyond the tub’ when choosing a tub.
Consider if your water heater is large enough to fill the bathtub without running out of hot water.
Ask the Bath Doctor representative if your subfloor is strong enough to support the weight of the tub plus the weight of the water in the tub.
Yes – depending on the size of tub you need you’ll find not only white, but also biscuit, dune, ice gray, thunder gray and black tubs. Regarding patterns you’ll see contemporary and transitional craftsman tubs in the Bath Doctor offerings.
We understand you’re not remodeling your master bathroom or kids’ hall bath every year. Given this it’s tough to know the right products, sizes, and installation process for a tub shower combo which fits your budget. It’s our job to guide you through options – whether it’s one on one during an bathroom design consultation, in a virtual appointment or with shower design articles through our News From The Block Blog or educational YouTube videos.
If you’re frustrated with your existing tile and fiberglass wall surrounds, you’re not alone. The best way to get a stylish bathtub shower combo – without sacrificing looks, is to use laminate, PVC, cultured stone, or high gloss bathtub wall panels. They’re durable and will accent your décor.
If you’re looking for the lowest cost way to keep water inside your tub/shower – then curtains will be your answer. On the other hand, if you want a more stylish tub and shower combo which also let’s in more light, glass doors are your answer.
The location of your shower head, valve, toilet, and vanity will drive what type of glass door (from bypass, sliding or pivoting designs) is best.
If you want a walk-in tub shower, straight and curved glass tub screens are an excellent solution.
Yes – you’ll want to use 66” or 72” wide tubs for the taller people in your family.
These are both high quality materials for a tub. The acrylic unit is more cost effective and warmer to step into.
Cast iron tubs are preferred for their durability and ability for the water to stay warmer longer while using the tub.
If you’re looking for the spa-feel in your bathtub alcove, let Innovate’s specialists tell you about our air-message or heated surface bathtubs. They’ll add a level of luxury you’ll appreciate after a long, hard day at work or a stressful day ‘attempting’ to manage the kids.
Why choose the Bath Doctor division of Innovate Building Solutions as your bathtub replacement company?
Whether you live in Walton Hills, Warrensville Heights, or Westlake, you have the same goal with a tub replacement. You want a quality project, built to last, and designed to work for your needs. You also want it backed by a company who stands behind their work. Here’s 10 reasons your neighbors have chosen the Bath Doctor division of Innovate Building Solutions as their bathtub replacement installation contractor.
- Reason #1 – Innovate focuses on education and helping you make informed decisions –There’s a lot to learn to make smart (and cost-effective) decisions for a bath shower combo. Innovate has a library of more than 400 articles and 45 videos to guide your selections and understanding of the process. Check out our News from The Block bathroom remodeling blog to educate yourself.
- Reason #2 – No pushy salespeople – Nobody wants to deal with a salesperson ‘pushing’ products and demanding you buy today, or this ‘deal of a lifetime’ will be gone. This IS NOT how Innovate works. We educate. We guide you through the steps in replacing your existing tub. We provide practical ideas to save money. It doesn’t matter whether you need a safer bathtub for a ranch home in Rocky River or your colonial in Cleveland Heights, we’re here to help.
- Reason #3 – We’re locally owned professionals in the remodeling industry. We’ve served 190,000 Clevelanders for 43 years– You’ve supported us, and we’ve appreciated the opportunity to serve you for 43 years (and have completed over 190,000 home improvement projects in this time). We’re locally owned and have done projects from Parma to Pepper Pike. If you choose Innovate your hard-earned dollars are staying in the local economy, not being siphoned off to an out-of-town franchise. We’re accredited members of the Better Business Bureau and NARI (National Association of the Remodeling Industry).
- Reason #4 – Low maintenance, high-style, safe products –Innovate offers many new bathtubs, tub wall surrounds, glass systems and accessories to customize your space. Innovate has products for any budget.
- Reason #5 – Innovate believes what you ‘don’t see’ is every bit as important as what you do see – The construction of your tub, the wall backer boards behind your interior wall surrounds, and even the pipes buried underneath your base are the ‘backbone’ of your tub. We know this – and WILL NOT skimp on what you ‘don’t see.’
- Reason #6 – Industry leading guarantees – Ask about guarantees on replacement tubs, stylish laminate wall panels, high privacy glass block windows and glass enclosures.
- Reason #7 – Innovate won’t rush to ‘finish your project in a day’ – You’ve seen the ads for franchise ‘bathroom in a day’ companies. It sounds fantastic to get your bathtub replacement done in a day. But how can these companies complete your bathroom in a day? Here’s how. They put new materials over old materials. At Innovate we don’t take shortcuts which save us time in the short run but cause you problems in the long run. Quality new tub remodels don’t use ‘cover over’ systems to get in and out in a day.
- Reason #8 – Trained people – From our Vice President of Operations (who leads our installation crews) and has 35 years of experience to our Certified Aging in Place specialists, we’re a specialized contractor in bathroom design. This helps you not only get a quality project but saves money in the process.
- Reason #9 – We offer flexible payment options – We know new bathrooms can become an immediate necessity if a family member has a sudden decline in health. We also know not everyone has pre-planned and budgeted for the job. Its for this reason we offer financing plans so you can make small monthly payments, yet still get the project done on the time frame you need.
- Reason #10 – See your products in person or at your home – Innovate wants to make it simple for you to see your options. Towards this end we’ll either do a personal Bathtub Design Appointment at your home, offer you a virtual consultation or you can see our shower displays in person at our offices at 4566 East 71st St. Cuyahoga Hts. Oh, 44105.
Hire a Trustworthy Bathroom Remodeling Contractor in Cleveland, Ohio. Hire the Bath Doctor.
Bath Doctor of Cleveland can professionally renovate and remodel any size bathroom in your home—and give you the peace of mind of a company who has completed thousands of projects.
Click map markers for service area info