Style and looks. "Cool, clean, and contemporary."
Easy cleaning. Multiple patterns make it very hard to see spotting on the glass block's surface. The units can be cleaned with soap and water or window cleaners.
Walk in shower eliminates the need for a door — saving you from having to clean the mess around the door's frame.
Durability and eco-friendliness. Blocks are mortared or grouted together for excellent durability and last long for sustainability.
Increased privacy. Obscure patterns will allow light transmission and obscure views.
Design flexibility. Check out the many designs, decorative colors, and frosted glass blocks. Combining patterns can create an extraordinary shower.
Purchasing from a company you can trust. We are accredited by the Better Business Bureau and have won Consumers' Choice Awards for service.
Savings. We start with your ideas and turn them into completed projects, saving you money on materials and installation. Here are five ways we can reduce your costs.
- Hire a skilled "one-stop shop." Although some masons and tile setters dabble in glass block installations, a specialty contractor who can coordinate and execute your project from beginning to end is best. We perform the initial design and layout; supply and install an acrylic or expanded polystyrene shower pan; prefabricate and install wall sections; provide and install waterproof backer boards and urethane grout.
- Stack straight, angled or curved prefab wall sections. Premade straight and radius walls and then easier and less costly to build and install. We use our vinyl stack spacing system to reduce installation times.
- Use thinner series blocks. Use the 3 1/8" thickness blocks from Mulia Inc. to save money. These blocks come in finished ends, curves and 90 degree angles.
- Design a walk in shower without a door - eliminates the cost of the door & gets rids of the pain of cleaning the door frame.
- Purchase all the accessories you need from one place - get your shower base, recessed niches, corner seat, wall board, grout, and glass block bathroom window with your walls. You can now get your entire project designed, supplied, and installed so that everything works together seamlessly.
Improving function by adding shower accessories and waterproofing. Include a soap and shampoo niche, bench or corner seat, and towel bar or grab bar, or use urethane grout and waterproof wallboard for a waterproof installation.
Free design and technical installation assistance.
Free shipping. We offer free shipping nationwide for glass block shower kits and pre-fabricated wall sections, with no hidden fees or costs. We ship anywhere in the United States, from Washington to Texas to New York to Florida.
- Product Lines & Designs
Product Lines & Designs
100% Waterproof Expanded Polystyrene Shower Base and Accessory System
This base is 100% waterproof, available in standard or custom sizes, made in one piece with no seams, and light and quick to install.
- 100% waterproof polystyrene base eliminates the potential for water leaks and growth of mold and mildew.
- Reduced installation timeof less than 30 minutes leads to reduce labor costs.
- Trowel out common modified-latex thinset.
- Run a bead of silicone around the drain body.
- Install the pre-designed and pre-slopped pan.
- Choice of drain location saves you from having to rework your plumbing to accommodate a pre-determined drain location. We put the drain where it works best for you.
- Custom base for non-standard sizes and walk-in and roll-in showers allows you to design to suit your needs. Custom bases can be manufactured to fit any shower size or shape (with straight, rounded, or angled walls), either with a curb or without, for barrier-free entry.
- Seamless design enhances waterproofing and incorporates accessories and features. We install wallboard inside the base to eliminate leakage, at a lower cost than a custom designed solid surface base.
- Accessory System A recessed soap dish, shampoo caddy, and shower and bench seats are available for a complete system.
- Initial purchase costs are slightly higher than a mud-set pan.
Glass Block Shower Kits with Pre-Formed Acrylic Bases
Our pre-formed acrylic bases work well for bath-to-shower conversions and are available in three sizes. Two fit in the space of a typical bathtub, while the largest size is more expansive. Our kits offer the versatility of either right-hand or left-hand entry, are available in white or biscuit, and feature either the Icescapes or Decora pattern.
- One-piece acrylic base minimizes concerns about water leakage.
- Acrylic won’t crack, chip, peel, or fade.
- The installation of a kit necessitates less project coordination than assembling separate components. (Note: Bases can be custom-made of other solid-surface materials, like Corian.)
- Our pre-formed acrylic bases only come in three sizes (72” x 51”, 60” x 34”, and 60” x 32”), none of which might fit your particular project.
- It can be difficult to get some bases into remodeled homes.
- More expensive than mud-set pans.
Custom Mud-Set Pans
- Tile setters are familiar with the process involved with mud-set pans.
- You can use tile or marble to finish your space.
- The custom process allows you to create exactly the size you need.
- The mud-set pan has a cheaper initial purchase price.
- Purchasing and installing the components of a bathroom individually requires coordination among various contractors and product suppliers.
- Time consuming and can result in higher labor costs.
- This installation process requires a higher level of skill
- If improperly installed, a mud-set pan has a high risk of leaking.
Thinner Glass Block Series for Shower Walls
Consider using 3 1/8" thickness blocks from Mulia to reduce costs and to add some design options not available in the 4" thick units. Some of the advantages of these blocks include:
- More cost effective than 4" thick blocks
- Lighter weight – easier to maneuver and install.
- Increased design options – available in traditional "Wave" pattern and new "Clear" see-through pattern to create an improved look at your inside walls.
- Provide more room inside the shower – an especially important factor for tub to shower conversion projects.
- Vinyl stack prefabricated wall systems available to reduce installation time and improve finished quality.
- Blocks are available in Wave and Clear patterns in finished ends, rounded blocks for curves (called "Radial" blocks for 22 1/2 degree angles), and 90 degree angle blocks (called "Veer" blocks).
Glass Block Shower Installation Details
Frequently Asked Questions
1.) What are the different advantages of a doorless shower and one with a door?
Showers with doors work better in smaller areas or where you want to create a closed space, such as in a steam room. Walk in showers offer ease of cleaning and facilitate walk-in or roll-in access.
2.) What type of pan do I need?
The three most common types of panes are (A) one-piece expanded polystyrene (B) pre-formed acrylic and solid surface and (C) custom mud-set pans.
3.) What sizes, shapes, and colors of glass blocks do you carry?
We carry various sizes, shapes, and patterns of glass block to fit your space and design requirements. Frosted and colored glass blocks can also add impact and flair to a wall.
4.) How tall should I make my glass block shower?
Most walls are 80" high (and built on a 4" to 5" shower curb), making the finished height 84" (equal to where the shower head usually is).
5.) Should I have my walls built on site or arrive prefabricated?
Straight and rounded walls can often be pre-fabricated to save money, improve quality, and reduce installation time. Purchasing a base specifically designed for the premade walls will ensure a successful project.
6.) What materials should I use for the interior walls? Should the blocks be installed before my interior walls?
Cement board or extruded polystyrene waterproof backer board are used most frequently. For a more luxurious look, consider tile, marble, or other solid surface materials. To keep costs lower, consider acrylic wall surrounds. In most cases, glass blocks are installed after the other wall materials.
7.) How can I add a unique style to the glass block walls?
Use color, frost, or do one-of-a-kind laser etching for a unique design.
Video: Glass Block Showers
How to Install a Curved Glass Block Shower WallVisit Our YouTube Channel »
- How to install a curved wall on a waterproof ready for tile base using prefabricated sections.
How to Design a Glass Block Shower
- Learn how to go from a rough design to a finished project wherer all the components work together.
- Use premade sections to improve quality and save money.
- Choose a wall backer, grout (urethane preferably), and accessories.
How to Install a Prefabricated Wall in a Bathroom Remodeling Project
- Learn what tools you need for the project.
- Calculate how large to make your sections.
- See the advantages of urethane grout.
- Use murals and glass tiles for style.
Glass Block Showers & Walk in Designs
You probably want to spend more time enjoying your bathroom than cleaning it. If so, a glass block shower provides a cool, contemporary option for you. Our enclosures offer a seamless, one-stop solution for your bathroom remodeling project.