Benefits of Steel Security Screen & Storm Doors
A security and screen storm door can provide the following benefits:
Protects home against intruders. Because this door has the rigidity of steel, double-strength glass, and high-security deadbolts, it provides an excellent barrier against burglars. (That is why security and screen storm doors are sometimes called burglar bar doors).
Provides a decorative touch to a front, side, or back entry. With over 62 different designs (including the Classic, Studio, Decorator, and Designer series), we offer a door pattern to complement any home.
Reduces energy costs. Adding a security storm door to your existing entry door will minimize any leaks coming through the entry door, which will help you to save on utility bills. (Their use is are best indicated when the existing entry door is old but in decent condition).
Increases ventilation. Most storm doors come with screens that can be installed for the spring and summer months, allowing cool breezes to enter the home and save on air conditioning costs.
Costs less than replacing the entry door. Front door replacements can be expensive. The storm and screen door combination can be a lower-cost way to improve the energy efficiency of your home.
Reduces maintenance. The glass on this storm door protects the entry door and lessens how frequently it needs to be repainted or restained.
Increases natural light. If you have a solid entry door (or one with a small amount of glass), a full security storm door can add a significant amount of light to the inside of the home while providing additional security.
- Products & Uses
Home Guard Decorative Security Storm Door - Product Features
The main features of a security storm door include (note: features will vary across the different series of doors):
- A 3” tubular, 16-gauge steel frame, fully mitered for strength, rigidity, and trouble-free operation
- Four different styles of locks available, to improve security and function of the door
- Latch protector plate to prevent forced entry
- Available in a variety of sizes from 32", 34", and 36" wide by 80" and 84" high
- Double-strength tempered glass with extruded aluminum framing and a full-length fiberglass screen to let in sun and cool breezes and keep out insects and harsh weather
- High-strength pneumatic door closure for dependable operation
- Three non-removable, heavy-duty forged hinges per door, with brass knuckles and powder coating
- Hardened steel vault pin to virtually eliminate forced entry through the hinge side of the door
- Bottom expander with double fin weatherstripping to keep out the elements
- Backed-on powder coat finish, available in 16 colors, applied in a five-stage wash system for a high-quality top coat
- Spectrum series with retractable screens, 1 1/4" x 4 3/16" frame, and a triple bottom sweep
- Decorator series with 1 1/4" x 4" wide sculptured frame, decorative beveled glass, insulated frame core (for improved energy efficiency), and a triple bottom sweep
- Deluxe series with 1 1/4" x 3 5/8" side frame, fiberglass screens, and a double bottom sweep
- DuraGuard series with fixed .023 stainless steel screens (to protect pets and children), a 1 1/4" x 3 5/8" wide frame, and a double bottom sweep
- Superview series with a 1 1/4" x 2 5/8" frame, a single bottom sweep, and a fiberglass screen
Where to use security storm doors
These doors can be installed in the front, back, side, and garage service entrances of your home. They are available as single doors, double doors, doors with sidelites, and even round top and arch top doors.
Home Guard Security Storm Door Designs, Styles, and Hardware
Add style and improve function with these options (note: options will vary by product lines):
Decorative door patterns. Choose from 62 different door patterns from the New Dimensions, Studio, and Classic and Decorator Series.
Different paint colors. Choose from up to 18 paint colors in the Home Guard line.
Lock options. Choose from four different lock options.
- Universal lock includes a double cylinder deadbolt and keyed knob set. Also available in antique brass.
- Super Security Unilock comes complete with a 1” throw deadbolt and a day latch feature to lock the knob from the outside. Also available in antique brass or brushed chrome.
- Super Security Unilock/Lever Set has the same features as the Super Security lock but comes with an elegant solid brass lever.
- Brass Slimline features a double cylinder deadbolt with a full 1” throw, a classic European style lever, and solid brass escutcheon plate.
Magazine and mail slots are available in polished brass, satin nickel, and antique brass.
Steel Security Screen & Storm Doors
Steel security screen and storm doors have the same benefits of a traditional storm door with the added benefits of improved protection against intruders. These doors are made of a 3" tubular steel frame with mitered corners for additional strength. Four different styles of locks provide style and added piece of mind.