Benefits of a Garden Window
A garden window can provide the following benefits:
Improves views to the outside. The four-sided construction of this window, which extends out from the home, will give a wider view of a backyard, side yard, or front yard.
Increases light transmission. With glass on the top, two sides, and the middle, a garden window allows more light into the home.
Creates an inside window box for growing plants to grow or showcasing knick-knacks. Garden windows add a greenhouse-type environment where plants can grow year-round, even in the coldest climates.
Adds airflow. Adding crank out casement windows to the sides of a garden window will increase cross-ventilation and can dissipate unwanted cooking smells.
Offers heat gain in cold weather. Garden windows capture more warmth from sunlight on cold winter days.
Makes a kitchen or bedroom look bigger. This four-sided window will enhance the spacious feeling of any room.
- Products and Uses
Kitchen Garden Greenhouse - Product Features
Garden windows have these features:
- Vinyl frames and sashes that won’t crack, chip, or peel
- Fusion-welded frames and main structures for strength and rigidity (available on most models)
- Top sloped glass panel is tempered for improved safety and window strength
- Includes picture windows and two operating side casement windows
- Multi-point locking system for a tighter seal and added security
- Clear 1" thick insulated glass for all-season weather protection (low E and argon glass also available)
- Headboard (top) and seatboard (bottom) available in birch and oak veneer or white Pionite laminate
- 3/8” thick adjustable glass shelves available as an option
- Full window screens standard for operable side windows
- Sloped sills that drain water to the outside
- Provides a 17" projection to the outside
- Can be manufactured in a wide range of sizes
Where to Use a Garden Window
These windows are most often found in kitchens but can work well in master bathrooms.
Garden Window Design Options
Add style and improve function with these options:
3/8" thick decorative glass shelves provide an attractive situation for houseplants and keepsakes inside the window.
Multiple color options choose from white, beige, white exterior and light oak interior, or beige exterior and light oak interior.
Upgraded glass packages increase energy efficiency and lower home heating and cooling costs.
Video: How to Choose Vinyl Replacement Windows
Visit Our YouTube Channel »
In this video you will learn:
- How to choose the right type of vinyl replacement house window.
- Where to use a casement, picture, double hung, bay, bow or sliding window.
- How to use decorative colors, woodgrain finishes and etched & leaded glass to add to compliment your décor.
Create a special architectural feature and watch your plants grow above a kitchen sink (or in a master bedroom or bathroom) by installing a garden window. This unique four-sided window extends from the house to increase light and airflow and to provide multiple-sided views to the outside.