Benefits of an Exterior Steel Front, Side, or Back Door
Exterior steel doors can provide the following benefits:
Lower-priced than a wood or fiberglass door.
Reduced energy costs. This door is filled with a polyurethane foam to cut heating and cooling bills. Low e, energy-efficient glass packages are also available.
Enhanced curb appeal and higher resale value. The first impression your home makes is via its front door. A new painted or stained front door entry with decorative glass will add style and increase value.
Won’t rot or splinter like a wood door. With its galvanized inner and outer steel sheets, this door will not experience the drawbacks commonly associated with wood doors.
Increased security. With its steel-edged perimeters, this door is more stable and stronger than a wood-edged door. Adding new locksets, lever sets, deadbolts, or electronic keyless entry to this door can take home security to the next level.
Reduced maintenance. This door’s steel skin will make it much easier to maintain than a wood door.
Higher fire ratings. A steel door has a 90-minute fire rating.
- Products & Uses
Polaris Window & Door and ProVia Steel Front, Side, and Back Entry Door Product Features
The main features of a fiberglass entry door include:
- A 22-gauge (Polaris) or 20-gauge (ProVia) steel door for reduced denting and waves, which represents 48% more steel than a 25-gauge door (a lower gauge is better).
- Two-piece construction with a thermal break.
- 2 1/2" polyurethane foam core to provide maximum thermal protection (R-value of 13).
- Energy Star insulated glass packages to reduce energy costs.
- Heavy-duty hardware, handle sets, lever sets, and deadbolts in multiple finishes.
- Compression weather-stripping to create a weather-tight seal, with bottom sweep upgrades available to further strengthen the weather barrier.
High-performance door frames with the following features:
- Steel-reinforced jamb (side) and strike plate for extra security
- Rot-resistant composite door bottom
- 4" x 10" composite lock block for increased strength
- Continuous sill across base of entire door to gives a better fit and prevents leaks.
- Steel-edged door perimeter to provide improved stability and strength vs. a wood door.
- Ball-bearing hinges for smoother operation and increased durability.
- 90-minute door fire ratings provide safety and peace of mind.
- Adjustable hinge system for a perfect fit.
- Limited lifetime warranty and 20-year decorative glass and 30-year clear glass warranties to give real value.
- Wide range of sizes, including custom door and sidelights up to 8' tall, to assure ease of installation.
Where to use exterior fiberglass entry doors – front, side, back, and garage service door areas
These doors can be installed in the front, back, sides, and garage service entrances of the home and come in four varieties – as a single door, double door, door with sidelight(s), or French door.
Polaris Window & Door and ProVia Steel Entry Door Designs, Styles, & Hardware
Add style and reduce energy costs with these options (note: options will vary by product lines):
Decorative glass and caming patterns. Choose from a wide array of decorative and colored glass designs that can create a unique look or reflect light in different ways. Some of the Polaris patterns include Aurora, Baton Rouge, Naples, Charleston, Williamsburg, Brennan, New Orleans, Manhattan, Bostonian, Santa Fe, and Encino. Decorative glass styles in the ProVia line include Cheyenne, Brilliance, Glenmore, St. Jane, Crystal, Santa Fe, Solitaire, Barcelona, Radiant Hues, Tranquility, Classic, Lehigh, Emerald, Beveled, Diamond, and Tuscany. Decorative caming is available in zinc, patina, and polished brass.
Inspirations Art Glass (ProVia line). Choose from seven door styles and five designer color palettes to make your door a work of art.
Different colored thresholds. Customize your entry by choosing a threshold in anodized brass/brown or in satin nickel/black.
Distinctive hardware, handle sets, locksets, lever sets, and deadbolts. Match and complement the interior or exterior of the home by choosing hardware in multiple finishes including polished brass, antique brass, satin nickel, and aged bronze. Innovative electronic touchpad keyless access entry systems also available.
Multiple paint and stain options. Choose from either a painted or stained door (or order the door factory-primed to apply your own finishing touch). Select natural oak, fruitwood, cherry, dark walnut, colonial, or rosewood stains or one of 19 different painted colors from the Polaris line. From the ProVia line choose from seven stains (including Natural Oak, Light Oak, Oak, Dark Oak, Walnut, Cherry, and Dark Mahogany) and 16 paint colors.
Decorative mini-blinds. Mini-blinds that raise and tilt can be added into the tempered safety glass doors, eliminating the need for dusting and the rattling of blinds against the door.
Transom windows. This option can be added over 3’ doors, double doors, or doors with sidelights.
Selection of door panel designs. Our wide selection suits many different décor styles.
External grids. Install a grille or grid on a side, back, or garage door to add a decorative touch to these functional openings.
Upgraded glass packages. Opting for a glass upgrade will lower home heating and cooling costs by increasing energy efficiency. R values can be as high as 9 in the ProVia line.
Exterior, Screen, Sliding, & Storm Doors
A steel entry door combines a two-piece construction of thick steel skin and a polyurethane foam core to provide a durable door that can be painted or stained to improve the energy efficiency, value, and curb appeal of a home.