Benefits of Storm Doors
Storm doors can provide the following benefits:
Reduce energy costs. Storm doors provide an additional barrier between your home and the outside to minimize leaks and save on utility bills.
Increase ventilation. Most storm doors come with screens. The screens can be installed for the spring and summer months, allowing cool breezes to enter the home and save on air conditioning costs.
Spend less than replacing your front entry door. Front door replacements can be expensive. The storm and screen door combination can be a lower-cost way to improve energy efficiency .
Heighten security. Available with three-point locking systems or with a curved lever and deadbolt, these doors provide additional safety to protect your family against intruders.
Reduce maintenance. The glass on this door will protect the front door and cut down the need to repaint or restain.
Increase natural light. If you have a solid entry door (or one with a small amount of glass), a full or half view storm door can add a significant light to the inside of your home.
Reduce fading - Adding low E (low emissivity) glass to your storm door will reduce fading of your carpets and furniture.
Independence for your pet - Add a pet entry door for your cat and dog so they can come and go as they please.
Reduce outside noise - Storm doors provide another layer of protection to reduce noice from cars or neighbors.
- Products & Uses
Types of Larson & ProVia Storm and Screen Doors - Product Features
Three Types of Storm and Screen Door
- Full view allows maximum light into the home with interchangeable screens. These screens snap into place with easy-to-use retainer strips.
- Retractable screens from both the Larson Screen Away or the ProVia Spectrum series roll easily and discreetly onto a cassette hidden inside the door and can be operated with one hand.
- Ventilating models have built-in screens that allow for top and bottom ventilation with easy-to-adjust glass panels.
The main features of a storm door include (note: features vary by manufacturer):
- Larson Doors are made with a 1 5/8” and 1 7/8” thick extruded aluminum frame with a maintenance-free finish.
- ProVia provides five series of storm screen doors for every budget or need including:
- Spectrum series with retractable screens, 1 1/4” x 4 3/16” frame, and a triple bottom sweep.
- Decorator series with 1 1/4” x 4” wide sculptured frame, decorative beveled glass, insulated frame (for improved energy efficiency), and a triple bottom sweep.
- Deluxe series with 1 1/4” x 3 5/8” side frame, fiberglass screens, and a double bottom sweep.
- DuraGuard series with fixed .023 stainless steel screens (to protect pets and children), a 1 1/4” x 3 5/8” wide frame, and a double bottom sweep.
- Superview series with a 1 1/4” x 2 5/8” frame, a single bottom sweep, and a fiberglass screen.
- Tempered safety glass will protect your family. .
- Corrosion-proof corner gussets provide structural integrity.
- Color-matched bottom expanders allow for a custom fit to any entry.
- Bottom expanders with sweeps allow for adjustment to ensure a snug fit.
- Different locking systems are available, depending on the door series, including a three-point locking system and a built-in deadbolt security lock.
- Multi-hollow construction provides greater strength and security than standard storm doors.
- Reinforced aluminum kick panel adds durability.
- Aluminum wall thickness on ProVia doors is 20% thicker than the industry standard.
- Limited lifetime warranty is transferable.
Where to use storm & screen doors
These doors are typically installed in the front, back, sides, and garage service entrances of the home.
Larson and Pro Via Storm Door Designs, Styles & Hardware
Add style and improve function with these options (note: options will vary by product lines):
Decorative glass and caming patterns. Doors are available with beveled glass and zinc or brass inlays.
Inspirations Art Glass (ProVia line). Choose from five door styles (available in the Spectrum, Decorator, and Deluxe series) and five designer color palettes to make your storm door a work of art.
Different paint colors. Choose from up to 13 paint colors in the ProVia line and five colors in the Larson line to best match a home.
Distinctive hardware. Match and complement your home with different styles of door handles. The Spectrum and Decorator lines from ProVia include solid brass mortise hardware in bright brass, satin nickel, aged bronze, and antique brass finishes. The Deluxe and DuraGuard doors come with a contemporary curved lever with deadbolt (in six different colors and finishes), and the Superview line comes with a black or white pull handle.
Pet doors. A medium (8 1/8” x 11 3/4”) or large (10 1/8” x 15 3/4”) solid aluminum pet door with a spring-loaded cover can be added.
Safety screens.The DuraGuard line feautures .023 stainless steel fixed screens to protect pets and kids.
Decorative piano hinge and bottom expanders. These options add a designer touch by including a brass, satin nickel, or aged bronze piano hinge and bottom expander.
Magazine and mail slots. This hardware comes in bright brass, satin nickel, and aged bronze.
Storm Doors with Screens - Cleveland Ohio
Are your storm doors difficult to close? Are the frames warped and the closure has seen it's better days....years ago? Are the locks impossible to operate and screens full of holes?
If so, you'll want to explore a new Provia or Larson storm and screen door from Cleveland Window and Door. In this page learn how you can get more light, improved breezes, better insulation and protection of your front entry door with a newly designed storm door. Get answers to your frequently asked questions and see why Cleveland Window and Door (who has installed over 1,000,000 window and doors in Ohio) is a smart choice to supply and install your new storm door.