Glass Block Window Benefits
Glass block basement and bathroom windows offer these benefits:
Increased security and safety. Our glass block windows are prefabricated and mortared into your home’s foundation, making it difficult and time-consuming to break in. Maximize your security with the Innovate Protect All Window.
Reduced heating and cooling costs. With energy efficiency comparable to that of thermal pane windows, glass block windows will cut your costs. Receive a 22% improvement in energy cost savings with the Protect All window.
Less maintenance. There is no need to caulk or grout year after year.
Easy operation and opening. The hopper style, vinyl air vents are easy to open.
Increased privacy. Glass block comes in various patterns that protect your family’s privacy.
Improved air flow. Air vents, removable sash windows, and power vents can be used to make your home fresher (by reducing mold, etc.) and to improve your indoor air quality. Improving your indoor air quality will promote the health and well-being of your family.
Integrated dryer vents. We can integrate vinyl dryer vents into your new window, saving you the trouble and expense of cutting through the foundation of your home.
Protection vs. water - If you've got a problem with water coming through basement wells or bath windows choose our Innovate Protect All Window
- Product Lines & Designs
Glass Block Window Product Lines & Designs
Glass block Window sizes & patterns (Thin Line Series)
Use these windows for residential or commercial garages, basements, and bathrooms. They come in 3 1/8" thick units in the following sizes.
Glass Block Sizes
- 4" x 8" x 3 1/8"
- 6" x 6" x 3 1/8"
- 6" x 8" x 3 1/8"
- 8" x 8" x 3 1/8"
Glass Block Patterns
Clear Frosted Glass Block Patterns
Introducing the Protect All Glass Block Window System
If you’re looking for the ultimate basement, bath or garage window ask about our exclusive Protect all system which uses a vinyl spacing system between the blocks. The advantages of this system are:
- Protects against intruders
- Protects against cracked mortar joint or cracked blocks
- Protects against air infiltration
- Protects against high energy costs
- Protects against water infiltration
Colored glass blocks
Add some pop with the addition of cool colors, frosted design or even artist designed art tile blocks - why have a boring space when you can add a one of kind style?
Laser Etched Glass Block Windows
Truly a one of kind process. Using the latest laser etching technology we can put a spin on a basement, bathroom, or kitchen glass block window you've not seen before. Order your blocks laser-etched with an image of a nature seen (our tree mural if very popular) or of your favorite hobby, pet, sport etc.
Ventilation Options for Glass Block Windows
It's critical to make a home healthier and safer (and lower level spaces are know for mold & mildew). Make your space healthier by adding the ventilation products shown below.
Removable Sash Windows
This vent product has an inside removable sash to maximize the air flow and window opening size. These units are custom made in larger sizes to be used to fill the entire window opening space
Glass Block Air Vents
Vinyl framed air vents are used to reduce your energy costs and fight mold. Vinyl framed vents are energy efficient (with double pane glass) and come in the following standard sizes (additional custom sizes are also available) – 16 x 6, 16 x 8, 18 x 6, 18 x 8, 20 x 6, 20 x 8, 22 x 6, 22 x 8, 24 x 8
Dryer vents (available in 8 x 8, 6 x 8, 8 x 6, and 6 x 6 sizes) are used to exhaust a dryer through a glass block window.
Frequently Asked Questions
1) How do I measure my windows?
Measure from each side of the foundation (with removal of the frame) and from the top of the sill to the header above the existing window. Most bathroom replacement windows are measured in terms of the opening that will exist after the window sash (but not the frame) has been removed.
2) Should I purchase premade windows with mortar, silicone or your Innovate Protect All process?
Mortar, silicone and the Protect All fabrication processes each have their own advantages and disadvantages, but purchasing premade windows, rather than installing windows block by block, almost always creates a better finished product and saves money. Learn the advantages of the highest protection assembly technology (Protect All) as well!
- Mortar Advantages - Harder to break through, traditional masonry look, more variation in joint size.
- Silicone Advantages - All-glass look, windows come out smaller in size, easy to clean.
- Innovate Protect All Advantages - Hardest system of all to break through, uses a consistent 1/8" silicone joint for maximum protection vs. water & air infiltration, 22% more energy efficient, protects vs. any cracking of mortar joints between the blocks
3) Can I order premade glass block windows in different colors, designs, and patterns?
We carry the broadest selection of designer glass blocks. We can even personalize your project with a one-of-a-kind etched and engraved blocks.
4) Are your windows made with frames or without frames?
Most basement windows are made without frames and then mortared into concrete block or poured wall foundations. In remodeling projects, the majority of bathroom windows are premade without frames. In new construction projects, it is best to use vinyl frame glass block windows.
5) How do you finish glass block bathroom windows on the inside and outside?
The answer depends on the surrounding materials on the inside and outside. We'll look at the conditions at each job site and make the best recommendation for how to finish things off. If you're outside of our regional installation areas just send us some digital images and we'll work you through what to use. Below are our general recommendations.
- Inside - If we find that the existing tile that returns to the window being replaced is in good condition, we butt the glass block up to the tile and mortar it into place. If the existing tile is not in good shape, we install a vinyl trim kit (see the picture below), new tile, or a solid-surface material like cultured marble to finish the window replacement.
- Outside - For brick and block window openings, we mortar in the window. For stucco or vinyl or wood siding, we generally seal the window to aluminum- or PVC-coated vinyl coil stock wrapped around wood trim (see the picture below).
6) What’s your company’s reputation for service?
We have installed and wholesaled across the country over 800,000 glass block windows for 180,000 customers. We’re also accredited by the Better Business Bureau and have received the Consumer’s Choice Service Award.
Glass Block Basement and Bathroom Window Design Ideas
- Visit Our YouTube Channel »
To view all of the videos in this playlist, click the list icon at the top left of the player and select the video(s) you are most interested in.
Glass Block Windows, Walls, Showers & Floors
Glass Block Windows for basements and bathrooms can add security, privacy and reduce energy costs. They are also an excellent addition in front entrances, garages and kitchens as well. For the ultimate protection ask about our Innovate Protect All Window (which provides the maximum protection vs. intruders, air, water and saves 22% on energy bills as well!).